CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 15, 2008

Out of Time

I remember the days

When it was just you and I.

It was only two of us,

And we never had to ask why.


But we were crossing a path

That was new in our minds.

And we were searching for something

That we never could find.


(Chorus)

And time passed so quickly
you left my side.
I found myself wishing
but I never asked why.
All I needed
were your arms around mine.
But you left me
and we ran out of time.

(Chorus)


Another mistake we had to make,

Sorrow flew into our souls.

Robbing us of all our memories,

Leaving our hearts as empty holes.


It was the day everything changed,

It was then we realized

We would never be the same.


(Chorus)

And time passed so quickly
you left my side.
I found myself wishing
but I never asked why.
All I needed
were your arms around mine.
But you left me
and we ran out of time.

(Chorus)


Now all is done,

But how to explain the truth?

There was me,

And there was you.


(Chorus)

And time passed so quickly
you left my side.
I found myself wishing
but I never asked why.
All I needed
were your arms around mine.

But you left me

and we ran out of time.

(Chorus) (x2)

6 comments:

Gina said...

To fill in the 5-letter blanks, this song is obviously about BACON!


Or GOATS!


Or even FORKS!

Or... or... I guess it could always be a guy's name, knowing you, Bela... Would this be sung a capella, out of curiosity?

Bela said...

YES! It IS about bacon! I knew you'd figure it out!

I don't know. It could be, but I was thinking of piano/acoustic guitar. But that works, too!

Bela said...

YES! It IS about bacon! I knew you'd figure it out!

I don't know. It could be, but I was thinking of piano/acoustic guitar. But that works, too!

Maria said...

Hmm. I'd love to see sheet music for this if you write. I've been listening to Judy Collins over the past couple of days so I'm hearing some sort of acoustic folk-rock type of thing in my head... but I bet it's far from what you're hearing in yours.

I thought you said you aren't an instrumentalist. Who would be potentially playing guitar or piano, or have you suddenly developed other talents as well?

The chorus is awesome. Are you sure you want the chorus 3x at the end of the song? Musically you would have to mix it up a little every time (i.e. decrescendo and ritardando the last time; adding/removing percussion/harmony/instrument) for that to work, unless the chorus is a bona fide Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius. Incidentally, I wonder if that book was any good.

No offense, but I'm finding the last verse a tad cliche, esp. the part I've italicized: "Now all is done, But how to explain the truth? There was me, And there was you." It's a line that's been done before.

"Kevin" will be so proud.... ;)

Maria said...

BTW is this essentially your Kevin song blog?

Bela said...

It's somewhat similar...

I've actually developed an interest for guitar. And thanks! I never thought you would go for this kind of chorus...but yay anyways!

That line is from a poem...I think it was "Mistakes". But actually, the entire song is from that poem, except the chorus.

I'm sure "Kevin" is very proud. And yes, this is basically my Kevin Blog! :)